Summer School of Engineering Entrpreneurship “KLIPPER“
Summer School KLIPPER – one of the most effective educational programs of technology entrepreneurship founded in 2012 by leading Russian technical university – Bauman Moscow State Technical University.
- 120 best students from leading universities from Russia and other countries
- Over 50 experts of national level
- tours to 20 production plants (including Hitachi CM, Peugeot Citroen Mitsubishi, Ford, Armstrong, KAMAZ)
- 24 engineering projects
- hosted by 6 cities (Kazan, Kaluga, Tver, Dubna, Yelabuga, Naberezhnye Chelny)
SCHOOL PROGRAM INCLUDES:
- Teamwork on real engineering project
- Business games
- Tours to leading production plants
- Culture program
TEAMWORK ON A REAL ENGINEERING CASE
Students in teams solve real cases provided by school partners – engineering and manufacturing companies. Owners and managers of companies make presentation of cases at the beginning of the School. Case decisions will be presented by teams. Leading experts in the field of engineering business, founders and top managers of the best production companies will help student teams.
School feature – specially designed business games dedicated to entrepreneurship, business economics, management and lean manufacturing.
The main objectives:
- creating a new network of professionals in the field of engineering;
- promoting a business environment building at technical universities;
- creation of the expert community on engineering business;
- assistance in training programs developing on engineering entrepreneurship
We invite to participate undergraduate and graduate students and young scientists. Within the School there will be a contest where all participants will be divided into teams of 4-5 people. Each member of the team must decide on his role: engineer-designer or economist-manager. All teams will be given one task – to prepare a business plan for the commercialization of engineering project based on a real business case.
- Venue: Russia, Moscow, Bauman Moscow State Technical University
- Language: English and Russian
- Dates: 18-24 July 2016
- Number of Participants: 30 students and graduates from Russian and foreign universities
- To participate in the School please fill in application form, send a cover letter via email@example.com and pay participation fee until June 15, 2016 .
Russian leading technical university – Bauman Moscow State Technical University – organised Russian Summer school of engineering entrepreneurship “KLIPPER” in 2012. The School is dedicated to the support and development of entrepreneurship in technical universities.
Bauman University, founded in 1830, is a recognized leader in applied technical education in Russia and Eastern Europe. It gives priority to applied R&D and seeks to develop the entrepreneurial flair of its graduates – the foundation of the future economy.
Following the example of their American and European partners such as Massachusetts Institute of Technology, University of Pennsylvania, Technische Universitat Munchen and other world famous technical universities , 4-7 July 2013 Bauman University held its first Summer School of Engineering Entrepreneurship. It was attended by undergraduate and graduate students, staff of technical universities, young academics, entrepreneurs and managers working on the field of engineering in cooperation with technical universities.
- Report on Summer School 2013 (Kaluga, 4-7 July 2013) in English
- Report on Summer School 2014 (Tver, 5-11 July 2014) in Russian
- Report on Summer School 2015 (Kazan, Alabuga, Naberezhnye Chelny 5-8 July 2015; Dubna 10-17 July 2015)